This face shield protects the face by limiting aerosol and splatter exposure from the front and from above. It is a supplementary face shield created as an emergency action to provide backup personal protective equipment (PPE) options if the standard PPE is unavailable. This device has gone through a special verification process expedited strictly for the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Closed at the top maintaining protection above the eyes from possible falling matter
- Reduces aerosol and splatter exposure on N95 and other face masks
- Can survive multiple daily disinfectant washes
- Transparent visor can be replaced from readily sourced materials when worn out
- Extremely lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Provides protection to broader area of face compared to standard safety goggles or glasses
- Replaceable low-cost film on the front
- Easy assembly and disassembly of product for sterilization and cleaning
This design is based largely on the design by 3DVerkstan 3DPX-013306 Face Shield PPE, that has undergone review in a clinical setting and is recommended by the National Institutes of Health of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service when fabricated as instructed.
Our solution provides better usability of the product for the user for longer hours with a larger headband and larger mounting on the sides for comfort.
Cleaning and Reuse
- Each mask should be used by only one user.
- Recommended cleaning agents include Super Sani-Cloth, 10% chlorine bleach solution, CaviWipes, and soap and water.
- Other methods may be used according to the user’s organizational policy.* Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Spray, Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Wipes, Dettol All-In-One Disinfectant Spray, and Dettol Disinfectant Liquid.
Components and Materials
- Frame: Polyethylene terephthalate glycol (PETG) or Polylactic Acid (PLA)
- Visor: 0,20 mm Polyethylene terephthalate glycol (PVC)
- Adjustable strap: Fabric elastic band
Use and Storage
- Operating/storage temperature*: 0 to 80° C (32 to 176° F) for PETG / 0 to 60° C (32 to 140° F) for PLA
- Shelf life: At least one year
*Product may warp if exposed to heat or prolonged direct sunlight.
Each visor comes individually packaged in a sealed A4-size bag including:
- the 3d-printed visor frame
- an A4-sized PVC sheet with 4 8mm holes
- 33cm of fabric elastic band with holes
- an instruction sheet regarding assembly, maintenance and cleaning.